Sunday 4 March 2012

My Work: changing the foundation of Team Explorer

In this release of Visual Studio one of the biggest change is the new Team Explorer, completely different from the previous release.

The first thing you are going to notice is the concept rounding around it: “what do I have to do?”

Starting from the foundation, one of the Visual Studio ALM 11 pillars is to allow seamless communication inside the development team. This is the base of the new Team Explorer.

So, here it is!

image

Everything is one click away, Web Access, Pending Changes, Work Items.

My Work is the latest addition, and the biggest and most noticeable.

Using it, we notice My Work evolving to a status dashboard answering the “what do I have to do? (and what did I do?)”

image

So at the moment of the check-in we now what did we modify, related to what, enabling a fluent and ‘easy’ user experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment